Monday 25 November 2013

The madness of term 4

Forgive my tardiness.

School exams are no excuse for poor BLOG-keeping, but it did suck up my entire brain. And during the times when it did not, there weren't even gigs to take my mind off it. Thankfully there was the Xbox, and the arrival of Assassin's Creed 4, to swallow the little time I had left after schoolwork did its damage.

The fact I had last been here so long ago was a nagging irritation - not an irritation to write, but an irritation with putting it off...and then putting it off some more. This week finally sees the downward descent of our routine as school is almost over. It was a rough term.

But I am excited. There is plenty planned for this holiday season to keep me busy, creative and entertained.

I've got some gigs with my band, K, Ray and The Bird, lined up. We have been working a little less this year - perhaps saving our energy for the tour we had in July, and recovering since. December, however, will see us play at least 4 shows - not exactly record-breaking but plenty of opportunity to flex our music muscles. Check us out on Facebook or www.krayandthebird.net for more info on those gigs. There's a festival in there, a carol service, a fun jam with our friends The Brother's Streep...it's gonna be a great holiday season for us.

I'm also going to be travelling to my good friends Mali and Cuan Korsten over the new year to make some music with them. It's always fun to jam it up with those guys, and launch into Battlefield 3 with Cuan when we have downtime :-)

Of course I must not forget I have a wedding to arrange. Gosh, it's so much work.

I am planning to post some updates from the gigs - photos, happenings, and so forth. If I do not stick with my word, I pledge to punch myself in the face. Repeatedly.

And I will also submit some more reviews soon. Just gotta write them...

Right, there we go. That felt more like an update than a post, but at least you know I'm still alive. I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment